With the increased summer weather the air is getting drier, and the allergies are at an all time high! According to the Mayoclinic; using a cool mist humidifier in the spring and summer months can actually help with reducing your symptoms that arise with allergies, colds, and dry air. A Cool mist humidifier can relieve nasal congestion, dry cough, and overall cold and flu systems all without using over the counter cold medicine.
Why it works:
The sinus cavity is composed of sensitive tissue that is easily inflamed when it becomes irritated from dry air. A cool mist humidifier can increase the moisture in the home without increasing the temperature in the room which helps sooth swollen sinus cavities, providing better breathing through the nose.
- Loosen nasal congestion
- Ease Dry Coughs
- Soothe Itchy Dry Skin
- Moisten Chapped Lips
- Prevent Nose Bleeds
- Helps with Overall Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Cool mist is best for croup
- Less expensive; you do not have to pay for a heating element. According to the MayoClinic a Cool mist is best for a child as by the time the air reaches the child's lungs it is room temperature anyway.
- Less expensive to operate. Because you are not required to heat the water, it uses less energy.
- Runs with a gentle fan and is usually more quiet.
- safer for children; the warm mist from a warm humidifier can actually burn a child if they get too close, where a cool mist is safe for the child to touch.
We decided to use a cool mist humidifier in our home to improve our overall health. All of us suffer from seasonal allergies, and our kids also suffer with dry coughs. Our dry Idaho weather is not very friendly. I was in the process of searching for one when I came across the Crane Adorables; and they were instantly my favorite!
The Crane Adorables offer a very friendly face to a useful household appliance. Honestly, what is cuter that those animal faces? They also do not require a filter which means it's easier to maintain! The Crane Adorables features include:
- 1 gallon water tank
- auto shut off
- runs up to 24 hrs
- whisper quiet
- easy to clean
- produces a fine mist, not water droplets; thus reducing the chance of mold growth.
The instructions were very easy to follow and I was able to have it out of the box and set up within a few minutes!
We got to try out the adorable Elephant; and I must say I love it! It has the most friendly face, is easy to use, the kids love it and the mist quite humorously comes out of the trunk!
It features a very simple to turn dial on/off switch with a light that shows when it is on. The dial is smooth turning, and allows for perfect adjustment to fit any sized room. It is suggested that the optimum use is on a middle setting with the door ajar to prevent too much moisture.
The gallon water tank features an easy to carry handle. I love this feature as it makes it really easy to lift the water tank off the base. I've tried other humidifiers that didn't include such a feature and it was always a juggling act to get the water tank filled up and placed back onto the base!
Once on the base you can then place the face of the elephant back on. It easily snaps back into place and then allows it to focus the direction of the mist to exit through the trunk of the elephant and keeps little hands from trying to grab a hold of the handle and take the unit apart.
The bottom of the water base houses a simple opening where you fill with water and then replace the cap, then you turn it right side up and place onto the base.
The base itself is fairly simple. It aligns easily with the water tank and doesn't require any special angles, buttons or latches to begin working.
You simply fill the water tank and place it on top of the base. It's almost like a simple puzzle, as each part to the water tank aligns with a feature on the base and it's really easy to see the right alignment. Replace the elephant's face and you are ready to go!
How to Maintain:
Like I mentioned earlier; it is very simple to clean! Crane does not have any complicated removable parts that can create bacteria build up. Simply add 2 T of white vinegar to ½ tank of water into water tank. Shake and let sit for 20 minutes and then shake rinse. Same solution for the water basin.
The Crane adorables has been very well received in our home. I have felt a difference in the itching of my eyes, dryness of my sinuses and my allergy symptoms are not as sever.
My kids, although also enjoy the health benefits, they just love the Elephant! They think it is so cute and are always standing in front of it just so they can feel the cool mist on their faces! Jade loves to stand under the mist and dance, or tries to catch it.
Where to Find it:
You can see all the different humidifiers, air purifiers and more that Crane produces and purchase your very own on their website!
One lucky JadeLouise Designs' reader is going to win their very own Crane Adorables Animal Humidifier!
Simply enter via the Rafflecopter form below!
- Contest is open to the US and Canada ONLY to ages 18+.
- Not open to Alaska or Hawaii
- Winners will be announced via the Rafflecopter form below once they have been selected, verified and accepted their prize.
- Winners will be notified via email. Winners will have 48 hrs to confirm and accept or another winner will be drawn.
- Giveaway closes at 11:59pm EST July 3, 2012
- View full terms and conditions on the rafflecopter form.