When shopping for a hot tub you may be faced with many choices regarding features. Different models will offer different capabilities and it is important to have an idea of what you want before you begin shopping. Here is a list of the best features to have in your hot tub that may help you to choose the perfect model.
1. Cabinetry – Hot tubs offer a wide selection when it comes to cabinetry and those made of wood or a synthetic that looks and performs like wood are often the most popular. Your cabinetry should look good and give you fairly low maintenance if at all possible. Synthetic materials are a bit easier to care for than real wood but many people prefer the look of real wood. Either way, ensure that the cabinetry is easy to remove so that your hot tub can be serviced regularly.
2. UV Resistance – If you live in an area that has extreme climates, you will want to ensure that the hot tub model you choose gives you a fairly high UV resistance. The understructure of the tub should be fiberglass or solid foam to allow for proper insulation and support as well.
3. Heaters – A good hot tub will have a heater that will keep the water good and warm. A powerful heater will ensure that the spa heats up quickly but bear in mind that the more powerful the heater, the more energy you will use to heat up your hot tub. Choose a heater that will give you warmth but not one that uses a lot of energy.
4. Seating – Seating is important if you are planning to share your hot tub. Make sure that you choose a model that offers enough seating for how ever many people you plan to allow in the spa. When you are picking out your hot tub, you can sit in it to gauge how deep the water will be and if there is adequate leg room. Also ensure that the controls for the spa are located conveniently close to the seating area.
5. Amenities – You can literally purchase a hot tub with just about any amenity you may want. Some offer aerobic equipment, pillows, television and DVD systems, stereos and waterfalls in many cases. Take your time and choose the amenities that you will use when you are in the hot tub. If you are not planning to watch television while you are soaking, forgo the TV and perhaps choose a spa that gives you a stereo or Mp3 player hookup for listening to music while you relax.
6. Cover – The cover is a very important feature to consider. Your cover should be hard on top and lock into place so that your hot tub is protected and children and animals are not at risk for falling into the water. Many spa covers weight around 100 pounds or more so you may also want to check into purchasing a cover lifter as well.
7. Jets – Finally, while all hot tubs are going to have jets, some will have more than others. The location and quantity of jets is an important thing to consider when purchasing a hot tub. You will find models that offer more than 100 jets and those that have just a few strategically placed jets. Think about what you want and choose the spa that gives you the right amount of jets and the perfect placement of jets. Also check to see if the jets are adjustable and whether or not they can be controlled by using the control panel.
This article was written by Sundance Spas UK, providing expert advice on all things hot tub related. We offer hot tubs in Norfolk and other areas as well.