Hair extensions have gained massive popularity over the years. Hair companies are constantly improving and adding innovative designs to their extension line ups and although there are many types and styles of extensions, there are a few that are more popular than others. Here is a list of the 5 most popular types of hair extensions and why they are so popular.
1. Clip Ins – Clip in extensions are probably the most popular of all because they are so easy to use. Given the many designs and colours available, it is quite possible to wear a different clip in extension every day of the week and always have a different look. They are made by sewing hair wefts to small wig clips and can literally be purchased in just about any colour, length or design that you may want. Clip in extensions are very easy to use and offer a wide variety of styles.
2. Tape Extensions – Tape or adhesive hair extensions are growing widely in popularity. They also offer a number of length, style and colour choices and are attached to natural hair using tape that is double sided to ensure that it has staying power. Tape extensions can last in your hair for up to eight weeks before you have to have them replaced or re-taped.
3. Micro Loop – Micro loop hair extensions are applied to the hair strand-by-strand. This is typically done in a salon and you have a number of style and length choices as well as many colour selections. If you want something that is going to last for many months, you can have these extensions applied and they look very natural. Many people will have no idea that you are wearing extensions as they are designed to give you a completely natural look and are virtually undetectable.
4. U-Tip Hair Extensions – These are thought by many to be the most natural looking hair extensions and offer a keratin tip for added bonding capability. Natural hair contains keratin proteins and because U-tip extensions also contain keratin, they are believed to be the healthiest extensions for your hair. They have grown widely in popularity over the past few years and are offered in a number of salons across the world.
5. Machine Wefted – Machine wefted extensions are among the most common type, next to clip in extensions. They are sold in bundles and are often sewn directly into weave nets or braids. When they are applied correctly, machine wefted extensions can last for around two months or longer and can be reused and sewn in again for more than six months if they are cared for properly.
Hair extensions in general have become very popular among women and girls who want an easy way to change their hair without actually cutting or colouring it permanently. Whether you opt for permanent extensions or just the popular clip in type, you will be met with a wide assortment of styles and colours to give yourself a new look or enhance your natural hair style and colour.